- Oracle 10g (tested on Oracle XE on Windows and Oracle Enterprise 10.2.0.2 on Windows). Oracle9i should work also, but it's not tested.
- Blogs maintained by Beta Blogger and hosted on blogspot.com. You must allow to publish full content of your posts and comments.
- Direct connection to Internet
- Download installation package
- Create new
Oracle schema and grant to it:
- roles CONNECT and RESOURCE
- EXECUTE on SYS.UTL_HTTP
- run script install.sql
UsageFirst You have to register blog you want to backup. Use BLOGSPOT_BACKUP.register_blog function:
beginTo download all your posts with comments andl labels use this PL/SQL block:
('Software Engineer Thoughts', 'http://pbarut.blogspot.com/'));
beginFor more information take a look into BLOGSPOT_BACKUP specification.
BLOGSPOT_BACKUP.synchronize_comments(null, null, false);
|BLOGS||Blogs registered for backup.|
|BLOG_POSTS||Blog posts downloaded.|
|BLOG_LABELS||Labels associated to blog posts.|
|BLOG_COMMENTS||Comments related to blog posts.|
|FEED_CACHE||Used speed up tests. In tests phase feeds are read from this table instead of downloading every time.|
End notesI'm publishing this tool, as some of you might find it useful. It should work on all beta blogger blogs, but I do not give ant warranty. In case of any problems fill free to contact me.