Search Oracle Blogs

List of Blogs maintained by Paweł Barut.


Monday, August 04, 2008

Lost Pictures - Recovered Pictures

Written by Paweł Barut
This weekend I've spend great time with family, and we make lot of pictures. But when I've arrived home, and plugged camera to PC, it looked like this:
All pictures seems gone ...
For us computer geeks data lost is not an option. I've started to look for tools that can help me recover those data. In such situation rule number one is: not allow to write anything on this storage. Any additional write could lead to total data lost. I've googl`ed for software that could help. I've found lot of software that does "FAT Recovery", "Recover Digital Camera", "Data Recovery" - most of them priced 49-200$. Well, not big money, but still quite many when you need to recover 50 pictures. And you never know, if this software is worth it, and will solve your problem.
Finally I've found really great software that I would like to recommend: PC INSPECTOR™ smart recovery. It run very fast, and recovered almost all pictures. When looking into Camera counter and number of files, only one picture is missing. This software is freeware, but authors wants us to "Pay What You Want". And I've did it, as this software did his job perfectly.
Hope it help someone else to recover lost pictures.

Paweł

--
Related Articles on Paweł Barut blog:

    No comments:

     

    Copyright © Paweł Barut
    Printing from DOS to USB Printer