Search Oracle Blogs

List of Blogs maintained by Paweł Barut.


Saturday, September 13, 2008

Preparing for Oracle OpenWorld 2008

Written by Paweł Barut
It's just few days left to Oracle OpenWorld 2008. First of all my trip starts on Saturday 20th at 13:00 in Kraków, Poland. Then I switch planes in Munich, Germany, and land in San Francisco at 19:20. Just 6 hours ahead, but when I add 9 hours difference in time zones, that it adds up to over 15 hours travel. The worst thing will be adaptation to totally different timezone. I will stay in Americas Best Value Inn at Hallam Street - I hope this is in reasonable walking distance from Moscone Center. I've created an map on Google Maps - the street view feature is great - now I know how the hotel neighborhood looks like. I've also checked transportation services by BART.
And the most important thing - My OOW2008 Schedule:

I do not expect big changes in this schedule, but still, some smaller changes are possible. I could skip one or more sessions to see Exhibition Hall or go for Unconference.
I'm also looking forward for meeting other Oracle Bloggers during Blogger Meetup organized by Eddie Awad.
Update: I forgot to mention about After Dark at Oracle OpenWorld where are evening parties listed.

See you in San Francisco,
Paweł

--
Related Articles on Paweł Barut blog:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just 3 blocks from moscone, 10 minutes walk at most. I live in the area so am looking forward to my short walk to OOW - might see you at the thirsty bear!

girlgeek said...

7th St. Best Western. A good choice for a not too expensive place to sleep, but a bit of a far walk from Moscone - consider taking a bus back & forth $1.50 for a bus - transfer to any other bus for a couple of hours on the same fare. And keep your eyes open for 6th St. That is the drunk's street.

Welcome to SF.

Girlgeek

 

Copyright © Paweł Barut
Printing from DOS to USB Printer