Search Oracle Blogs

List of Blogs maintained by Paweł Barut.


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

OOW2008 day 3

Written by Paweł Barut
This day was quite good for me. I’ve finally overcome problems with jet-lag.

I’ve started day on session “Inside Oracle Database 11g Optimizer: Removing the Mystery”. It was very good session explaining how new features in optimizer works. It provided inside on Plan Profiles, improved bind variable picking, improved performance for statistics collection and new statistics for correlated columns.

My next session was not exactly what I was expecting. “Global-Scale Web 2.0 Data Platforms: Sharding with Oracle Database”. I was expecting technical inside, but it mostly was marketing speech on “why Oracle is better then MySQL”. Break between sessions I’ve used to ride on Cable Car:


I’ve ended day on session “Top 10 Things You Wanted to know about ASM”. As I were not using ASM yet, it was good overview of features, and best practices for using ASM. Now, I’m going to rest to be prepared for next day, and big keynote by Larry Ellison.

Cheers,
Paweł
--
Related Articles on Paweł Barut blog:

No comments:

 

Copyright © Paweł Barut
Printing from DOS to USB Printer